Gokyo Valley Trekking in Nepal is one of the most adventurous and interesting treks in the Everest Region. It is a wonderful opportunity to explore the scenery of Gokyo Valley, beautiful glacier lakes, Gokyo RI (5384 m). The main image of Everest region is associated with the soaring views of the most popular mountains in Nepal, at an altitude of 8000 meters such as Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse and Makalu which are clearly visible from Gokyo RI above Gokyo Lake.
Gokyo Valley Trekking is the best adventure in the Gokyo Valley region, which compounds, raw natural beauty, scenic diversity with varieties of different culture and tradition. Some major highlights of this trek are the most stunning views of the Himalayas, beautiful valley and deep gorges, majestic glaciers and Glacial River.
Gokyo valley trekking accompanies spectacular panoramic views of snow-capped mountains, the forest, cool waterfalls, crossing suspension bridges, and the most popular Sherpa villages of popular Everest trekking trail.
Arrival in Kathmandu
We meet you at our office/hotel and provide you with all the necessary information regarding the trip. The same day you will also have an opportunity to meet your travel group before the final departure. Permit sort out day.
Day 01: Fly to Lukla (2800 m) to Phakding (2610 m)
Our trip starts from the domestic terminal of TIA taking the early morning flight to Lukla. While we are in the air flying, we shall be entertained with lots of panoramic view of the dazzling White Mountains and beautiful scenic villages beneath us. In no time we shall find ourselves at Tenzing-Hillary Airport, Lukla which is one of the most beautiful and thrilling air routes in the world culminating in a land on a hillside surrounded by high mountains. And then we start following the trail towards Phakding making through along the beautiful Sherpa valleys
Day 02: Trek to Namche (3440 m):
- On our way to Namche following Dudh Koshi River, we shall be enjoying the beautiful view of the glistening Mt. Thamserku (6608m) on our right, also experience the serenity of pine, fir and juniper forests throughout our journey. If lucky we may even catch a glimpse of Mt. Everest peeking over the Lhotse-Nuptse ridge when the days are open and clear. After making through several suspension bridges we have a straight upward climbing trail which embraces us to Namche Bazar.
Day 03: Acclimatization Day at Namche
- We will spend a day in Namche Bazar in order to alleviate our tired and lethargic muscle. We will make a short distance to the way of the museum which is celebrated for the exhibition of the traditional culture of Sherpa people. After that, we will hike up to the Syangboche Airport which lies closer to the Everest View Hotel where we can observe the views of the Himalayas with an astonishing sunrise and sunset over the panorama of Khumbu peaks. Namche is a colorful village which includes interesting and exhilarating shops and vendors, fabulous food, and stunning views of mountains.
Day 04: Trek to Phorche (3680 m):
- As we climb steeply out of valley passing through the rhododendron forest, we will see juniper and large conifers according to the altitude being increased which makes the trekking very much pristine in spring time. We will observe Khumbu La and Twache throughout the day.
Day 05: Trek to Machherma (4470 m):
- Today we will be climbing steadily along the side of the valley. As we climb up to more altitude, we will find the small and thorny bushes give way to scrub juniper. The trail takes us through many summer settlements, which are used when yaks are taken to these pastures to graze in the summer months. Ahead of us are excellent views of Cho Oyu, while behind us down the valley are the peaks of Kantega and Thamserku.
Day 06: Trek to Gokyo (4790 m):
- The trek today will take us to a very scenic path to Pangka and then to the River that flows down the west side of the Ngozumpa Glacier. We then climb a steep rocky inclined into the valley by the side of the glacier, passing the first of the holy lakes. And we soon follow the second and third one after another. The final lake is known as Dudh Pokhari and on its eastern shore is the settlement of Gokyo.
Day 07: Rest at Gokyo
- Gokyo is situated by the side of famous glacier Ngozumpa. Besides taking rest we may take a hike to Gokyo Ri (5583m) if you don’t want to miss the bests view of the whole Gokyo valley, the massive Ngozumpa glacier and an incredible panoramic view of the whole Khumbu Himalayas, including the giants Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu, Cho-Oyu and Gychung Kang. Or we can take a short walk around Gokyo valley and circle around the glacier.
Day 08: Back to Dolle (4200 m):
- And we follow back to the descending trail to Dolle again.
Day 09: Trek to Namche:
- From Dolle we start descending steeply to Photse Tenga passing through rhododendron forests then the path immediately ascends steeply to Mongla Danda (4000m) and to Kyanjoma (3500m). Finally, to Namche following small ups and down the trail.
Day 10: Trek Back to Lukla
- On our final day, we trek down toward the Hillary Suspension Bridge and then pass through several local villages. Our arrival in Lukla brings an evening in a proper hotel. And make some joyful moments thanking and congratulating each other on our success of the trek and to our teamwork.
Day 11: Fly Back to Kathmandu .
- Fly back to Kathmandu early in the morning.
– Flight between Kathmandu and Lukla
– Sightseeing accompanied by tour guide inclusive of entrance fee and private vehicle
– Airport pick up and drop
– Domestic Airport taxes
– Permit and entry fees required for the trek
– 3 meals a day while trekking (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) you can choose from the menu
– Accommodation while trekking in twin sharing basis local lodges/ guesthouses
– English speaking, well trained and experience trekking guides, assistant guide(s) as per the group size and support team for luggage
– Treated Water during trekking
– Insurance and wages for the Nepali staff
– First Aid Kit
– Accommodation and Meals in Kathmandu
– Travel and medical Insurance including expedition coverage up to 5,800m
– Personal gears for trekking plus nature of personal spending
– Drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic including (Bottle water)
– Tea/coffee during trek, Laundry fees, hot shower, hot water, charging batteries and mobile
– Tips for the trekking/climbing crew. Excess baggage expense.
Please contact us by email at email@example.com regarding package cost. You can also call to our office.